1. Federal Skilled Trades Programme (FSTP) offers permanent resident visas for qualified tradespeople in such occupations as aircraft mechanics, carpenters, electricians, plumbers, welders etc,
2. Federal Skilled Worker Programme (FSWP) is a permanent residency visa. Applicants are evaluated based on their education, usually a university degree and work experience. Your profession must be a wanted profession in Canada such as accountants, nurses, computer programmers, financial analysts etc.
3. Provincial Nominated Programs (PNP) for those who do not qualify for a skilled visa this visa is aimed at semi and low skilled professionals. You have to be nominated b a specific province that is looking for employees in certain professions.
4. Quebec Selected Skilled Worker Programme (QSWP) The Canadian province of Quebec has a special programme for immigration to Canada. As it is the largest province in Canada and in desperate need of thousands of skilled foreign workers of various trades and professions.
5. Family Sponsored Programme. Canada offers the chance to reuinite families by allowing those from other countries to join family members who are permanent residents in Canada.
6. Live-in Care Giver Programme (LCP) This is a special visa for live in care givers who are qualified to provide care for children, elderly and disabled in their private homes.